TheArc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod mistakes and minecraft updates

Go down

Mod mistakes and minecraft updates Empty Mod mistakes and minecraft updates

Post  Keikijanai Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 am

Yeah, I'm guilty of using mods on Minecraft, and today I discovered an easy way to screw up a game following an update. Anyone who uses Minecraft mods knows that an update overwrites any mods in place.

The most recent update, aside from the one eliminating Notch's April Fool's gag, added tamable wolfs to the list of mobs, overwriting my Mo' Creatures mod. I was lucky to find about 5 close together since they're so rare, so I tamed them all before going to work on my lovely cave-town in the seed generated Glacier map. That's when I messed up.

I tried to access the items stored in a box inside a lone cabin I'd built while the mod was still working, only to have it reset the game. Turns out that I'd placed items into the box that were only supported by the mod, more than likely horse saddles and sugar cubes. When i get back into the game I try again to confirm this and sure enough I was right. Upon exploration of the area, I discovered all of my hard work was still there, however the wolves were gone.

I'm going to have to download the mod again now just to rid my boxes of the items the game can't support. From now on I'll have to be more wary about storing such items, and will probably create a store house just for mod-created stuff. This sucks. I liked my wolfs.

UPDATE: Never-mind. I used MCEdit
Keikijanai
Keikijanai
Admin

https://thearc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down