TheArc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgia-Beast Wars and Reboot

Go down

Nostalgia-Beast Wars and Reboot Empty Nostalgia-Beast Wars and Reboot

Post  Keikijanai Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:35 am

I wasn't really sure rather to put this under anime or t.v shows/movies, but I'm 95% sure both of these shows are American, so if I'm wrong, screw it all.

My intentions were not to find and watch these shows, but when I saw them, I was filled with nostalgia and watched a little of them.

As a child, I absolutely loved Beast Wars, a transformers show in which the bots turned into animals rather than other electronic devices. It's a tricky premise that really is kinda silly in hind site, but after watching the first episode again, I can conclude several things. The first is probably the most obvious observation, being that the graphics are all too reminiscent of the outdated N64. They are very choppy and blocked, but given the time period (early 90s) it was a magnificent advancement. Attention to detail is low, but given how far computer generated animation was at the time, I feel this show earned itself a medal or two. My second observation was the witty humor that, as a child, I probably missed. Some of it is just ridiculous and silly, as all children's shows go, but there were moments of sarcasm and slyness that made you think a second. A lot of it was actually over who should be in power between the two groups, which at times seemed to get dark. (In the first 5 minutes, Megatron had one of his team members executed for standing against him. Optimus, on the other hand, just took it like a man...or ignored it.)

Reboot was a whole different story. While the graphics were worse overall, the attention to detail in the scenery was outstanding for yet another experimental early 90s show that was completely computer generated. It's a lot sillier than Beast wars for sure, with too many puns to count. (The moment I tried, I found 6 charmingly annoying computer based puns in one phrase. Less than 3 seconds.) The story is built well enough that I may watch the remaining episodes and write a full review on it later.

Feel free to leave your own thoughts and opinions below. They are worth watching if you're into those kind of shows, but if you don't have the patience for childish jokes, it may be better for you to read the series summaries. Again, both shows are good, but even I can only tolerate so much.
Keikijanai
Keikijanai
Admin

https://thearc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down