TheArc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miyazaki Madness!

TheArc :: J-Life :: Anime

Go down

Miyazaki Madness! Empty Miyazaki Madness!

Post  Keikijanai Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:25 am

I honestly didn't know whether to put this under movies or anime, but I decided to go with the later in the end. (Let's reserve that area for other countries, k?)

I'm in all honesty a Miyazaki fanatic, so much so that I would pay big bucks for a decent Miyazaki collection, though I'm not so shameless that I wouldn't torrent them first. At some point I plan on having a viewing party, but I'll post that in the general chat when the time comes. (And if there are any members at that point as there are still none.)

My favorite Miyazaki film out of the ones I've seen is a tie between three films: Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Howl's Moving Castle. Princess Mononoke is a darker movie compared to the other two, in which industrialization is becoming a factor to survival and humans go to war against the gods. The other two movies are much simpler, possible kid approved. Spirited away is about a girl who gets trapped in the spirit world and has to work at a bath house to save her parents and find her way home, and Howl's moving Castle is about a woman, cursed by the Witch of the Wastes, who meets a very peculiar man with (you guessed it) a moving castle. All three movies have very great story lines with multiple layers, and each have a creative and relatable cast of supporting characters as well. I don't recommend showing Princess Mononoke to anyone under the age of 10, but the others are good with parental advisory. (Be warned that most of Miyazaki's movies have a dark side to them.)

I will return to make a more detailed review of my favorite movies later, but for now, why not chat about your favs?
Keikijanai
Keikijanai
Admin

https://thearc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TheArc :: J-Life :: Anime

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum