TheArc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirrodin Besieged Booster Draft(finished)

Go down

Mirrodin Besieged Booster Draft(finished) Empty Mirrodin Besieged Booster Draft(finished)

Post  Keikijanai Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:49 am

So last night we had a pretty decent turnout to the draft. It went a great deal smoother than I had expected, with seven players and 3 boxes of cards.Two of the boxes were from beseiged and the third was from scar of mirrodin. The combination worked well, even though it is most commonly worked with it being 1:1 ratio or 1 beseiged, 2 scars. There were only a couple of messy situations during drawing, but nothing that couldn't be easily fixed.

As expected, Kris came out on top with Jon being second and Mike being third. Where did I place? Dead last.
I'm not the one to place the blame elsewhere when I make a bad decision, but this time I couldn't help what I got dealt. In the first pack I opened, I pulled a major red card to build my deck around, but then all I received follwing it was white and blue, ruining my red and white scheme.

We discovered during the tournament portion that almost everyone had chosen red to be a deck color, which is why many of us had to do last minute imporvisations to our deck schemes. I pulled together a not-so-terrible blue and white deck, but it was defenseless against poisen, which is what pretty much all of the other players wound up using.

Although we didn't get to do the sealed draft, I did get some pretty good stuff from the booster packs that we received befre we split. I can't complain too much because I did walk away with some decent stuff, including a phyrexian rebirth and a blue sun zenith. I must say though that I am slightly pissed off that I didn't get a blightsteel or any of the planeswalkers. I can't complain too much though, because even though I fell dead last in the placements, I still had a good deal of fun before the night was through.
Keikijanai
Keikijanai
Admin

https://thearc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down